Operation Christmas Child
Texan In Training does use affiliate links, and we may earn a small fee for links in our blog. It helps us to continue to provide information to you!
October is almost over, and we’re entering the season of giving! Our church is doing a couple of great giving opportunities, and I was excited to grab two Operation Christmas Child boxes, as well as a few bags for hygiene kits for a local organization.
Now, it has been a few years since I have participated in Operation Christmas Child, and the boxes were pretty vague on what to put in there. Especially since the hygiene kits had a very specific list. So where to begin?
Now as I started searching online, there were lots of great lists. But a lot of this involves shopping in-stores, which y’all know I hate! So i rounded up a list of 10 items in each age group that can be found on AMAZON! Woo hoo! My Amazon-loving heart loved putting this list together, and now I’m planning on grabbing a few more boxes to fill next Sunday.
(P.S. I kept finding articles that mentioned how much thee kids loved stuffed animals. I see that! B is obsessed with hers. So I found some great ones on Amazon here, and we’re definitely including one in ours, at least for the lower two age-groups).
Any Age Group
- Toothbrushes I bought all 12 – these are great to keep on hand for other hygiene kits or those in need!
- Bar of Soap
- Bandaids You can also buy a huge pack and divide them up!
- Plates, bowls, and cups This is a great set!
Girl Age 2-4
- Utensils – You can even break this setup for a few boxes!
- Take and Toss Cups
- Stuffed Animals We went for a smaller one to save room in the box.
Boy Age 2-4
- Drawstring Backpack
- Playground Ball + Pump This is definitely one of our picks!
- Hacky Sacks
- Play Cars/Trucks
Any other great items you like adding? Or any other great causes to give to? Can’t wait to hear!