Tutorial: DIY Glitter Girls Bows
Texan In Training does use affiliate links, and we may earn a small fee for links in our blog. It helps us to continue to provide information to you!
I posted these fun bows I made for Blakely the other day, and I couldn’t believe the response I got! These bows are beyond easy to make (with and without a Silhouette Cameo!)
The best part? They’re dirt cheap to make. If you buy these bows through Etsy, they add up fast. These come out to under $1 per bow, even cheaper if the materials are on sale.
To start, you will need:
- Glitter sheet (I bought my first ones from Hobby Lobby, but these are cheaper and there are much better colors!)
- Hot glue gun
- Aligator clip
To make these by hand (without a Silhouette)
- Download the template here. This is the template I use for all bows, but sometimes I do stretch it to create chunkier bows!
- Print out the template and cut out bows. I do recommend using card stock if you have it!
- Turn glitter sheet so the canvas back is up.
- Trace each of the three pieces on the glitter sheet.
- Cut out with GOOD scissors.
- Glue each of the flaps of the largest piece of the bow together.
- Glue it to the top of the bow base.
- Glue the alligator clip to the bow.
- Using the last rectangle piece of glitter, wrap it around the bow and secure behind the clip. You can also use any ribbon here!
- You’re done!
If you have a Silhouette (or other machine):
- Import the template into Silhouette Studio and trace the bows.
- Place the glitter sheet face down on your cutting mat (canvas side will be what is cut)
NOTE: Make sure your mat is VERY sticky. I use spray adhesive to really get it on there.
- To cut, use the following settings on your Silhouette (I have the Silhouette Cameo):
Double Cut – OPTIONAL – I didn’t use it and it did snag in a few places.
- Separate bow from material.
- Follow the steps above!
I can’t wait to see what you make. Tag #texanintraining so I can see your bows!